Yinka Ayefele recounts: My erection after the Accident was celebrated



 Popular Yoruba musician Yinka Ayefele spoke about his sexual life after surviving a spinal cord accident that almost ended his life on December 12, 1997.

Yinka revealed that the first day he had an erection while on sick bed, everyone was excited. This is because the medical team had earlier concluded that he would never be able to perform sexually again.

He went further to note that his life would have become meaningless had he not regained the ability to have an erection.

Celebrating 20 years of survival, he told punch newspaper “After the accident, everyone jubilated when I had an erection one afternoon”.

“I was wondering why they were rejoicing and they told me the doctors said I would not be able to have an erection again. They had reached the conclusion without my knowledge”.

He also lavished praises on his wife for standing by him even in those trying times.

“Even in the midst of the trouble, my girlfriend, now my wife never abandoned me.

“She didn’t leave me when I was hospitalised, so why would she leave me afterwards? When things were bad, she was with me all through. We got married after the accident and we are blessed with four boys.‎

“I can still remember my response to a journalist who wanted to be sure I could impregnate a woman. I told him to bring his sister if he wanted a confirmation. It used to be embarrassing when people questioned my sexual ability.

“Even if I am unable to make love to a woman, should that make them happy? Even if my wife and I opted for IVF, is it something they should gloat about?”

The famous singer added that he still felt pains even ten years after the accident though he has stopped taking pills.

“I am still feeling pains; I am always in pain every day. Pills cannot even stop the pains and I am conscious of what I take in, but I thank God I have been able to cope. I give thanks to God for sparing my life.

“I personally thought I would die, but my parents and loved ones encouraged me to stay alive. They felt bad, but they didn’t want to lose me. My father was alive then, but I lost him two years ago. He was so supportive all through the trying times.”

Leave a Reply